Community Outreach Centres are located in Penrith, Rooty Hill and the Blue Mountains. These centres are safe places where women can come and talk to someone about their situation. Our trained staff are friendly, empathic and supportive women who have an understanding of the impact that Domestic Violence can have. We can also offer limited brokerage services.
For those who require support, but are not able to get to one of our centres, home visits may be arranged (if appropriate and safe to do so).
Outreach services and groups can be accessed by women with or without children. Childcare is available, but may be limited. Please contact us for details and to discuss suitable arrangements.
We can provide assisted referrals to many services such as:
- Staying Home Leaving Violence – a program that assists women to take action about your domestic violence situation and stay safely in your own home
- Women’s Domestic Violence Court Assistance Program – for women wanting support at court when applying for an Apprehended Violence Order
- Legal Aid
- Counselling services
- Women’s Health and Aboriginal Health services
- Mental Health programs and services
West Connect also conducts various groups that can be accessed by women in the community including;
- Domestic Violence Support
- Moving Beyond Domestic Violence
- Women’s Well-being Programs
- Basic Budgeting and Financial Management
- Rent It – Keep It. How to gain and maintain a tenancy
- Cultural groups
- Social groups and activities designed to reduce isolation and improve self-esteem
For groups and programs on a term by term basis check Programs and Events to see what we have on offer.
Outreach centre – Jessie Centre Rooty Hill
Group room at Penrith